mgs

RE: rolling the rear flange

To: <Mowog1@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rolling the rear flange
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 16:32:02 -0600
The best way is to bend the flange before you roll the fenders.  In most cases
bending the
flange will be enough.  That ought to give you another 1/2" on each side.  This
should be
done before you paint a car, the paint will crack.  A great tool to use is a
pair of Vice
Grips that have the wide flange jaws.   The same thing can be accomplished by
grinding,
although I don't think you can get as much width, as you need to leave some
flange on the
inside or the fender will be too weak.

After doing the above the baseball bat trick is the way to go.

Larry Hoy
Plan on attending the 49th Annual Glenwood Rallye
http://mgcc.org/glenwood2001/main.htm

>> I need to increase the clearance between my rear fender and the rear tire so
>> I can run the western alloys that I bought.  Who has done the ball bat
>> trick??

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list