mgs

Re: Rear Leaf Springs

To: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Leaf Springs
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:21:32 -0000
Early *RB* roadsters had the same springs as the RB GT, then they reverted
back to 6-leaf (or 5-leaf plus bottom plate).  The difference in ride height
between CB and RB came about from rear spring hanger and front cross-member
position changes.

If you have a look at the web site below and select 'Spanners' and 'Ride
Height', at the bottom I list front and rear springs including OE part
numbers, height and weight info.  You may also notice that the factory only
made an allowance of 150lbs per occupant.  If you sit in the middle you
should be fine ; )   North American seems to suffer very iffy replacement
springs, the UK less-so if you stick to the OE parts.

PaulH.