mgs

Re: first drive since october/soft brake pedal

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: first drive since october/soft brake pedal
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:03:01 -0500
Paul-
Your suggestions were exactly correct.
The only other hydraulic work I did was to clean and replace seals in the
calipers.  I found some time and volunteers to re-bleed last night.  My
first mistake on the first bleed attempt was to not realize that although
the driver's side (US) rear wheel is closer to the MC, it actually has a
longer "run" as a result of the way the piping travels, and thus should be
bled first instead of second.  The second mistake was to open the bleed
screw and then have my assistant hit the brake pedal, rather than opening
under pressure.
After bleeding correctly, I have a very firm pedal and good brakes.  Rookie
mistakes I guess.

Thanks for the help,
-Dan
1972 MGB