mgs

Humble Pie

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Humble Pie
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:53:24 -0700
Jasmine (my MGBGT) survived her first race weekend.  Pretty much anyways.
Cars that are theoretically a lot faster than me aren't supposed to
practically come to a stop in the middle of a turn, then turn in as
you are going past them.  I'm in the market for a front right fender for
a primrose yellow MGBGT.  Oops, racing happens.  I'll write up a story
about the whole weekend later.

I have learned some interesting things.  First of all, an MG that is
only a race car is faster than an MG street car that just happens to be
race legal.  I've also learned that while teaching performance driving
has kept my driving skill from going totally to pot, being very good at
driving at 80-90% is definitely not the same as being good at driving
at 100%.  My traffic skills have also gone totally to pot.  I'm used to the
mindset that if someone is a little faster, let them by.  I nearly waved
the person I was dicing for position with by before I remembered that
I was racing.  Oops.

Anyways, I've scanned the better of the pix from the weekend of the rolls
of film that have been processed.  They are on the web at:
http://www.red4est.com/lrc/lday00/

You may be most interested in the ones labeled mgpaddock as they show
Jasmine and the two race prepared MGBs that I was competing against.
It's not too easy to see how the other MGBGT sits about two inches lower
than Jasmine.  It wouldn't be practical to lower her, but I think that I
would like to stiffen up her shocks a notch. She's a little unsettled
on some of the transitions.

Oh and the pictures marked bunny don't have anything to do with MGs,
one of the rabbit drivers parked his car on the driver door in the cyclone.

   Larry

--
Million Monkey Software -
Our code sucks, but you should see this thing we wrote called Hamlet.