mgs

RE: Norwegian MGB GT passed..

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Norwegian MGB GT passed..
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:20:09 +0200
Thanks:

>From Charley & Peggy Robinson
>  You might want to see if anyone there can supply a "headsaver shim"
>for your engine.  This is a dead-soft metal shim (looks like a gasket)
>that you insert between head and block if too much has been taken off
>the head.

Anyone, in UK maybe ??

>From DENNIS COX:
>How did you figure out the compression ratio?

I did not, the workshop that did the 'EU kontroll' ( MOT) did

I just bought some octane booster from ( Its in the car, do not remember the
brand, havent tested it yet.)

Or, as someone has mentioned, to have a engine machine shop make a new
thicker head gasket.
The problem is, with the prices of work in Norway, it may just be easier to
by a new head ( a stage II is £599,
btw, that will give some extra BHP, hmmmm...)

Jon Arikstad
1970 mgb gt