mgs

Re: Garage tools

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage tools
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:03:06 -0700

> >ADD:
> >Adjustible box wrench (I got mine way before the 'pocket socket')
This is carried in my TD which has Whitworth fasteners. It was a
necessity at the time because PO had used some SAE fasteners, and
I had to use some metric fasteners to get the proper thread
pitch.  I also was having problems finding Whitworth wrenches
because I didn't know where to look.  ( 1967, age 20, never heard
of Moss, just the local parts houses)  I didn't want to have to
carry THREE sets of tools.

> >croquet hook

Sorry, I misspelled it.  I meant crochet hook.  Nice hard piece
of steel with little hook for pulling junk out of holes where
tweezers, needle nose pliers, etc, won't fit.

> >grease injection needle
>
> I don't do that sort of thing, but I do have various bearing packing tools.

I use this to inject grease into rubber boots of tie rod ends,
etc. on new vehicles which don't and a grease zerk or even a plug
to install one.  Mostly used on new vehicles.  It is also used to
pack real small bearings where the standard packer is too big.
> >shop vacuum (needed for blast cabinet, too.)
>
> I have the vac but not the blast cabinet.  Too large to store in my limited
> garage space.

Blast cabinet.  I never knew how much use it was until I made
mine about 5 years ago.  I constructed it to stand and fit above
the air compressor.  You could hang it from ropes, pulleys, and
counter balances so it could be pulled up to the ceiling
somewhere, too.

Blake