mgs

77B brake MC replacement...success.

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 77B brake MC replacement...success.
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:22:11 -0800 (PST)
Another successful first for me!  I replaced the brake
master cylinder on my 77B on Saturday.  New Castrol GT
LMA fluid, bleed...all is well.  It's really nice to
not have to pump the brakes to stop.

I did find the wires for the pressure failure warning
switch.  The switch was actually still in the old
MC...or part of it was anyway.  It was broken off.

The next order I place, I get the switch and get it
back to normal.  For now, I just plugged it with a
bolt as one lister suggested.

Oh yeah, does anyone out there rebuild these things?
If anyone wants the old one, email me off the list and
I'll send it to you.  Not sure if anyone will, but I
thought I would offer.

Tom
77B
Thanks for the parts Ed!