mgs

Re: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea
From: "Craig Brownlee" <cbrownle@ong.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:27:52 -0600

Damn why don't we just sell out to big brother and let him tell us all what we
can drive or not drive... you know if we all road horses gas would be almost
free around here then

  I see an increasing  number of SUV's that get poor gas milage
increasingly crowding out the economical, smaller cars. They suck gas down
the fuel injectors with poor gas milage, create danger for smaller cars,
traffic jams, and all in all, serve little in a city except a social
function. And I pay for their increased use of gas which in part creates a
deficit by higher prices, an example of supply & demand in action.

I have a plan. Let every gas pump be linked via computer to the auto
registry of its state. To obtain gas, the licence of the car must be
inputted and the tax is returned automatically to the pump as specified by
the type of vehicle. That verifies the type of car...and let the taxes on
the car be apportioned. A car that gets 80 miles to the gallon...no
taxes...a car that gets 10 miles to the gallon gets a surcharge 3x that of
a car that gets 20 miles to the gallon. Etc...