mgs

Re: Tie Rods

To: "Tom Wagner" <twagner@pdq.net>, "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tie Rods
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:44:09 -0000
You don't have to remove the track-rod ends from the steering arms (i.e.
break the taper).  Just undo the locknut on the trackrod, slacken both
gaiter clamps, and unscrew the trackrod from the trackrod end.  Put a spot
of paint on the trackrod end and the trackrod after backing off the locknut
for good measure.

Presumably you know about refilling the rack with gear oil after fitting new
gaiters.

PaulH.