mgs

Re: Just wondering

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Just wondering
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:16:02 -0700
I subscribe to the digest - that way I only get 1-2 list emails a day.
Although that puts me almost a day behind on some conversations, its easier
to keep up and manage the email. I just have to hit the "page down" key
through some stuff.

I originally started on this list about five years ago. There were a lot
fewer of us then and the email was easily managed. And I could often
respond within minutes to questions from others on the list.  I finally had
to unsubscribe when the email increased to over 50 a day often filled with
irrelevant postings (anyone remember the cat thread?) After about six
months, I came back and I've stuck with the digest ever since then.

But on the good side, the huge increase in list participants the past few
years has also increased available resources. Yesterday, I went through
price shock when I was looking at a $400 part for my overdrive transmission
- but I got a lot of responses to my email to this list and found several
potential sources for that part and some other parts, used but much cheaper
in price.

David