mgs

US author-MG- Put down. [Light hearted comment] Delete if AR.

To: "mg's" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: US author-MG- Put down. [Light hearted comment] Delete if AR.
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:15:42 +0930
Listers,
             at Xmas I was given a novel, written by Tom Clancy,
'Net Force-Night Moves". Not my usual reading preference but I read it
anyhow.
On page 302,  a couple are discussing motor cars and she reckons the
Americans might in a hundred years or so make a decent roadster,

[ She is a Pommy, talking to an American ]

He reckons the Americans did this with the Corvette, back in the 50's, but
they agree how the Corvette ballooned into a monster, as big as a town car
and cost more than a Cadillac sedan.

Our hero--she opines--
"Now, you take a classic 50's or 70's MG".

At which point she is interrupted
He, 'the villain of this piece replies,
Please. Take it to the dump. They should have offered the thing with a
mechanic as standard equipment. Your average vintage MG spent more time in
the shop being tuned than it ever did on the road.'

Our hero replies.
That's a small price to pay for the driving experience.

The villain replies.
Ha!, The towing experience. You tell the Automobile club you own an MG, they
won't even take your calls.

Their food arrives and the conversation moves on.

I thought----Bah! Humbug!---.8^)

L8R,

Scotty.
Adelaide,Australia.
Been driving MG's since 19 and 62. It's been FUN.
Started with a TD now driving a
'Collectable' '79 ( MGB-LE as a daily driver )