mgs

Re: Importing an MGB FROM Italy

To: "Plant, Keith" <PlantK@nsa.naples.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: Importing an MGB FROM Italy
From: "Rick Astley" <ricka@mich.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 17:13:20 -0500
Keith:
I brought mine in with me from the EU (actually the UK; I think the Brits
still admit to being part of the EU). It was easy because it was already
over 21 years old and as a result did not have to meet EPA requirements.

Mine was imported into Michigan where I was told I would have to have a
safety check. I was not concerned about the safety per se, it had just past
UK MOT, but I thought they might ding me on something like bumper height.
In the event a cop in a cruiser from my city turned up in my driveway, asked
me if it all worked OK and signed me off. I got all the necessary documents
from the state vehicle registration office, but it took some time, this is
not something they do everyday. If you have a friend in the destination
state, get them to visit a Secretary of State's office and inquire on your
behalf on what paper trail you will need.
Rick