mgs

Re: Question for the T List

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question for the T List
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:18:00 -0500
My TC is  currently two tone - beige body with metallic brown fenders.
I could send Rocky a couple of  pictures if he is interested -( I
wouldn't dream of sending a JPG file unsolicited).  There is a very nice
TF in town (Kansas City, MO) with silver body and dark metallic red
fenders.

I agree that prewar cars were available in two-tone.  I suspect that any
two tone TCs or later were done by the dealer.  I also think that many
of the TC options were either dealer installed - or were what is in the
software industry called 'vaporware.'

Dealer installed options were quite common on many cars.  For instance,
when the Datsun 240Z first came out, just try and buy one without a set
of high-dollar alloy wheels!  The importers also got into the act
sometimes - My Porsche 914 was one of many shipped from Germany without
a radio and had one installed in the US by the importer.

Just because a car is 'just as it came from the showroom' doesn't
necessarily mean that it came from the factory like that.

Charles Hill