mgs

Re: Air filters

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air filters
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:49:27 +1000
Hi all,

I'm running some of Hans Pedersen's (hi-flow.com) K&N Filter assemblies. The
difference between these on and off is awesome. A very noticeable difference
in performance - also had to change needles, IMO at least 5-10% perf.
increase, because you can really feel it. These things aren't cheap, but
worth the $. I bought an MGB set, but have fitted them to my A as the B is
still 'under construction' <G>.  The filters are made out of billet
Aluminium and have flowed 'stacks' - more like filter base plates if you
like. That and the custom Bosch Distributor he also sells have been the best
two things I've ever done to my A. That distributor has revolutionised my
car. Power everywhere, lopes beautifully up hills, rock solid under the
timing light and zero pinging and best of all, this happens at 12deg BTDC,
no need to increase the timing further, but if you do, it get's positively
wild! <G> Could bore y'all for hours but I won't. Pic of that dist. is on my
website, about 1/2 as big again as a Lucas one, and the internals are in a
totally different league: http://203.35.89.36/mgstuff/A/

Cheers,
Neil.