mgs

MGC

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGC
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:33:56 EDT
<<It's got wire wheels,no overdrive, but from what I
hear not so necessary in a C at any rate.
I've always wanted a CGT since I was a wee kiddie <G> I absolutely love the
look of them, not to mention the 6 cylinder motor (all real MG's have 6
cylinders right? <G> kidding.), >>

It is a bit unusual to not have OD - almost all Cs were specced with OD and
wire wheels for North America, and the OD is nice to have as the engine
really doesn't like to be revved very hard, but I'm sure you won't have any
problem without it.

And for your information, _real_ MGs have 2 cams, not 6 cylinders!

Congratulations on finding the car and happy restoring.

Bill S.
(2 real MGs with 2 cams, one MGA Mk2 coupe, and one MGC roadster)