mgs

Chirping diagnosis

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chirping diagnosis
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 07:48:33 -0400
I have picked up a chirping noise from under the car in tha last week
or so, it is when there is throttle being applied. It appears to be from
the front but I am unable to isolate it more than that. It may have
started when I ground my bottom on a driveway/road interface that put a
real good redesign on my resignator. It also seems that there is an
uneveness in the drivetrain during times of higher torque or near
lugging the engine. It is almost like a low frequency that you can't
feel, just sense and hear. Is this vague enough? do I have more than one
problem (with the car)? I am going to raise it up on four ramps at work
tomorrow and want to know what I should look for and how to diagnose
from under the car. I will bring jack stands incase I need to spin the
wheels for any test. Ideas??

Carl French
67B
w/OD and Banjo rear