mgs

Re: You guys didn't say pulling the engine was so easy!

To: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>, "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>,
Subject: Re: You guys didn't say pulling the engine was so easy!
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:02:06
At 10:33 AM 8/21/99 -0600, Phil Bates wrote:
>I'm not sure which model MG you have, but I suspect an MGB. .... It is
usually about a 4 hour job in total.  If you have an MGA it may be a little
more difficult, because you have to lift or drop the back of the car to get
the right geometry to get the engine out of the bay.  I am down to about 2
1/2 hours on the MGA - I had to pull it 4 times last year.

I pull the MGA engine first, 1 hr 20 min, then the gearbox, another 20 min.
 Only once did I try pulling the engine and gearbox together.  Never again!
 And I've already pulled the engine twice this year.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg