mgs

Re: Gas Lead Replacement Recommendations

To: "Mark Wetzel" <mcw@amherst.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Lead Replacement Recommendations
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:08:00 -0400
Mark
There was a post in the last couple of days on just that subject as our
friends across the pond are losing the availability of leaded petrol soon.
I think one of the recommendations was Red Line.
I have tried a few, Re-lead (I think from Moss), Bardahl, CD-2.  All seem to
work fine except the CD-2.  At least I think it was the lead sub.  I got the
very occasional backfire when starting the car hot or upon initial
acceleration.  I'm going to try the Red Line next.  There are some who say
the sub is not even necessary.  I'm not sure I'm ready to try that.
Please post what you find.
Safety Fast!Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'86 4000CS Quattro