mgs

White Post Brake M/C for 73 B doesn't work!

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: White Post Brake M/C for 73 B doesn't work!
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:09:04 -0500
Well, let me explain.
I received my m/c from White Post and the banjo connection was pointed
toward the rear, so I loosened the bolt and turned it so it points the right
way -- toward the front, so the line will connect and then re-tightened the
bolt. (Is this normal to get an m/c back from WP with the banjo incorrectly
aligned?)
I stupidly installed it, planning to bench bleed in situ...and nothing out
of that rear section! It's blocked! I asked about the clutch m/c banjo a
while back worried that that hole in the bolt wouldn't line up. The manual
doesn't show the brake m/c banjo "flow" at all. Arghhhh!!!!
I'll be spending tomorrow afternoon removing the entire assembly AGAIN.
So, do I need to line up the banjo bolt somehow, to ensure proper flow? I'd
think this brake thing is starting to become a curse...If I didn't know that
I'm part of the problem! ;)
Help!
Dan
73 B