mgs

80 Limited Edition value

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 80 Limited Edition value
From: "Eric Houkal" <erictw@enteract.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 09:55:29 -0500
 Just happened across a black/black LE in a garage the other day, covered in
dirt and old cardboard, just like my 72. Difference is this one appears to
be in very nice shape, owner insists it runs perfectly, shows about 57k on
the odometer. Interior is pretty clean, can still see through the rear
windows on the top (actually it looks new)
 In a very quick check I found no rust, although it might have had some
repairs above the rear wheel. I just didn't feel like moving all the boxes
to get a better look at this stage of the game. They do want to sell but I
think their idea of it's value is on the optimistic side. So, what does the
list think? This is, BTW, in the Chicago area where no rust means a whole
lot.
 Thanks, Eric