mgs

RE: Part2 Bad Starter...Right??? WRONG!

To: "Postmaster" <elwell@hctc.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Part2 Bad Starter...Right??? WRONG!
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:05:03 -0400
Freewheeling means spinning freely. First off, get your fingers out of that
hole. If it is the flywheel it weighs about 20 lbs and if it drops on your
digit you'll wish it didn't. By flywheel do you mean the great big steel wheel
with the teeth of a gear on it's outer diameter that is bolted to the back of
the engine ? If the answer is yes, get ready to pull the engine. If it is the
ring gear that surrounds the flywheel, again get ready to pull the engine.
However, if it is the gear that is attached to the end of the starter, then
replace the starter.