mgs

Re: loc-tite

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: loc-tite
From: Gaetke <gaetke@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:05:50 -0800
At 06:28 AM 1/15/1999 EST, you wrote:

<snip>

>For a really good discussion of torque, fasteners, and other things like that
>get hold of Carroll Smith's book Prepare to Win.
>Rick Ewald

        That would be good, except for one thing: I don't want to win, just to
get
this engine running... :-)

        I guess maybe I should ask a more specific question if I want a more
specific answer.  Would you use it on main bearing cap nuts?  big-end
bearing bolts (mine have lock tabs though, so maybe I don't need it)
Backplate bolts?  Frontplate bolts?  Camshaft nut?  Crank bolt?  Flywheel
bolts?  Clutch bolts?  Back of the accelerator (anyone seen the original
Blues Brothers?)?  Would you use it on every threaded fitting going back on
the engine?

        Not to snuff out the discussion on how to use loc-tite, because I know I
didn't know most of that before, but I still need to know where to use it.

        Thanks again,

  -Matt G.