mgs

Clutch catch points

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch catch points
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:02:02 -0500
Hello all,
        As you might remember, I rebuilt my clutch master and slave cylinders a
few days ago.  I gravity-bled the system (thanks to whomever suggested
it!).  Today I finally got to see what the car had.  The clutch works well,
but catches very low.  As a matter of fact, it might catch an inch or two
up from the floor!
        I'm not upset, as a Chevy Luv I drove had similar characteristics.  I
just
wonder if anyone else has run into this.  BTW, the clutch master cylinder
is from a '77 'B and Australian-made.  Do newer 'B's have different clutch
styles?
        Thanks to those who answered the primer color question.  Looking at the
primrose colored paint again, I do believe it to be zinc chromate.  Of
course, the only way to tell is to order a Heritage certificate!
        I better go - it's time for me to run to the auto parts store to get a
case of Castrol...Maybe I'll scare some old men in Buicks on the way!

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB - Scaring old men in Buicks for almost 25 years.
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706