mgs

update: Bentley index

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: update: Bentley index
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:39:42 -0500
Well, after suggesting a group effort at indexing Bentley, I found two
problems.
1) I had not specified which Bentley, the older B or the newer B
        I prefer the newer but if 15 people want to do the older manual, then so
be it.
Also, once we have one done, I think the other will probably not differ a
great deal (except for the pagination and some 'minor bits') so doing the
second will be less effort.

but more importantly,

2) only 2 members responded.  [Thank you]

So lets try this again before I give up the group effort.

If we can find 12-15 list members who will index only 1(or maybe 2)
chapters of an agreed upon volume of Bentley, we could index it and post it
on one or several of the MG Web sites.

        I have volunteered to be the 'organizing' hub of this effort which we
will
do by email and perhaps, surprise the list with a completed initial index
sometime by April - at which point revisions would be welcomed!
        So...if you would consider indexing one chapter in the next 4 months or
sooner, please

1. email me directly (saidel@crab.rutgers.edu) with
2. which manual.

By New Year's Day I will report back to all responders and we will see if
we can bring this off.

Adios,

Bill Saidel
'76B