mgs

Temp Guage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Temp Guage
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:49:18 +1000
Like an idiot i ignored the previous Temp Guage topic,   Guess what
happened over the weekend.  It seems the Mowog Gremlins have got to the
Temp Guage. It seemed to be undereading, so i gave the copper pipe to the
sender unit a quick lookover, it seemed ok.  so gave it a little wiggle, no
sound but a loverly sweet smell.  Had this before on the Graham looks like
a need new pipe to the sending unit and some new gas.

     now comes to my question, how does the oil pressure guage work, does
it have the same gas filled copper tube. if so how do I remove it without
loosing the gas. if not how do I get it off so i can send the temp guage in
to be regassed(have A local Guage Speciallist, If he can fix the graham one
he can fis an MG).

P.S. Neil Cotty, could that sweet smell be from the Temp Guage ??? Just a
Thought..

Neil

64 B (Baby)
28 Graham Paige (The Mistress)