mgs

exhauast system, catalytic converter, 77B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: exhauast system, catalytic converter, 77B
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:18:13 -0800 (PST)
Well, if you read my misc ramblings you know my exhaust system was
recently ripped off my movers.  I'm going to put it back on correctly
over the weekend and had a thought but thought I should consult the
list as to not become a DPO...still learning.

I know all of the gaskets need to be replaced; in between the exhaust
manifold and the catalytic converter and in between the CC and the
rest of the system (and wherever else they are).  My question is, the
CC is probably original and I doubt it really does anything anymore
so....

Should I replace it, get rid of it and put a straight pipe in there,
or just leave the original and replace the gaskets on either side.

I'm in Missouri and haven't had the car re-registered or insptected or
anything yet and I don't know if they will do emissions testing on
this car.  I drive the car about 3000 miles a year.

Any help would be appreciated.  I don't know how much a new CC would
cost, but I'm bettin' it ain`t cheap.

Tom
77B