mgs

Re: Radiator Flush

To: BarnhartC@ioc.army.mil
Subject: Re: Radiator Flush
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:13:43 EST
If you've got the radiator out already, it will only cost you about $25
or so to get it professionally checked and flushed. Hardly worth the
effort to try and do it yourself in the bath. Besides, the SO is gonna
get real upset about the thing being in her bathtub.
As for the oil cooler. You will probably be able to remove most of the
accumulated junk in the cooler by soaking it in cleaner, flushing,
soaking, flushing, etc,etc. But that which you don't remove will sooner
or later come loose and go straight to the engine.
 You'll most likely feel better in the long run if you just replace the
thing with a new cooler. Cost is about $85.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget