mgs

droopy insulation

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: droopy insulation
From: tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu (Tom Perigrin)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:32:04 -0500
(Emma - 72 MGB, back and running after being stored for a half-decade)

Well, as we go through the things that plague dear little Emma, we go from
the major to the minor...   Step 1, get the engine running (cut lip is
healing well, thank you).  Two, pull off gas tank and get cleaned.   Three,
new rear leaf springs, etc, etc, etc...    Now, the first of what will
undoubtably be a LOOOOONG list of minor problems.  So minor, the manuals
don't cover them.

The insulation fabric glued to the underside of the hood is drooping.  It
is peeling away at the corners, and a big bulge is developing in the
middle.  The edges are ratty looking, and threads are hanging loose.  It
looks untidy.   What do I do?  I looked through Moss twice, and didn't see
mats of insulation.   Did I miss it?   Or does one buy a sheet from the
local auto shop and cut to fit?   How does one attach the new stuff to the
underside of the hood(bonnet)?

---
I used to say the only constants in my life were stress, my loving wife,
and the weekly hairball the cat leaves on the carpet.  After some medical
problems I am trying to reduce the stress... Other than that little has
changed - my wife still loves me, and the cat still vomits up an offering
every week.   A man needs some tradition in his life!