mgs

Re: water pump rebuild?

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Subject: Re: water pump rebuild?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:58:44 -0500
Kevin,

Locally, I use Mo-Kan Automotive Distributor to rebuild the water pump on my
'C'. Saves a lot compared to having to buy a new pump on that old lump. I
don't know if they do mail-order work.

Mo-Kan Automotive Distributor
565 South 4th Street
Kansas City, KS   66111
(913) 281-5492

Do you know anyone in the big diesel truck repair business? Know of a truck
stop with a repair facility? You might call around and see if they know anyone
who rebuilds water pumps on big diesel engines. Those are often rebuilt
instead of being purchased new and if the shop can do a cat, they can probably
do an LBC.

I think anyone that has a cast iron H2O pump should hang onto it and try to
get it rebuilt. That is a lot better than the pot-metal crap you see now.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President.  Now I'm
beginning to believe it." -- Clarence Darrow