mgs

Re: wheel shimmy

To: Harlan Jillson <hjillson@argolink.net>
Subject: Re: wheel shimmy
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 06:51:52 -0700
Harlan Jillson wrote:

> I would check:
>     A. Tire balance.
>     B. Bent wheel.
>     C. Tire out of round.
>     D.  Worn bushings.
>     E.  All of the above.
> Good hunting.
> Harlan.

Good list, IMHO I would only add that do those wheels have the correct
'offset' for the car. IE does the 'centre' of the tyres footprint sit
under the 'centre' of the wheel bearings, or pretty close? If not any
fault will be multiplied, as in young lads fitting 'wide wheel rims' to
standard stub axles, and most of the weight of the car ends up OUTBOARD
of the outer bearing,IE whhel rim widend one side only.

Neil