mgs

Re: 77-80 B Speakers

To: "Jason Sawyer" <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: 77-80 B Speakers
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:38:34 -0700
Jason,

My 78 B has 5.25" speakers mounted in the door.  Actually, I bought it with
5.25" holes in the door, with speaker grills, but no speakers.  I bought
some standard Pioneer 5.25" speakers and stuck them in.  I have no idea if
a previous owner enlarged the hole to accomodate the 5.25" speakers, but it
doesn't appear that anything special had to be done, other than cutting a
bit extra vinyl and fiberboard.

Good luck!
Scott McKorkle
Issaquah, WA
1978 MGB
----------
> From: Jason Sawyer <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>
> To: Zach Parrish <parrishl@airmail.net>
> Cc: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: 77-80 B Speakers
> Date: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 5:41 PM
>
> I don't have any speaker grills in my door panels, and I really don't
care about
> originality (I think that the door panels are reproductions anyway) I'd
at least like
> 5.25" speakers. Has anyone had any experience? What about mounting them
somewhere else?
> My B has no radio or speakers, and the local Warehouse Electronics said
that they would
> have to do "something custom" (read: wallet smashing). Anyway, if someone
is going to
> do something custom to my B, it's going to be me! I'd like to hear
something besides
> the Monza exhaust....
>
> Jason
>
> Zach Parrish wrote:
>
> > I recently replaced the speakers on my 79 B and had a few problems.
First of all I