mgs

Re: Rude MGers in Portland, Oregon

To: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Rude MGers in Portland, Oregon
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:01:06 -0800
>I'm much surprised. My son just moved to Portland (without the lbc which
>will come later). Twice he has approached folks driving MGs, and twice
>they have replied with a sort answer and driven off. He really isn't
>interested in joining the club yet, but a few friendly words would be
>nice.

Sorry to here about your sons problem with MG folks here in Portland. Like
most place we've got the friendly people & those other ones. Trust me there
is a good LBC scene here in Portland. There are two MG clubs in Portland,
one started with T cars the other started with MGA's. Both are good clubs,
just different personallities. He is more then welcome to come to the
events of either club, even if he's not a member. I put up a web page a few
months ago with the west coast events that I know of, take a look at
www.teleport.com/~laner/events.html. Have him give me a ring, the home
number is 654-2870. I'll do what I can to give him a hand, but a word of
warning I'm getting married this summer so it's a little stressed out here
on the home front.

On a side note there is a LBC swap meet this Sunday at the Montgomery Park
parking garage. This is the second year for the event and last I heard we
had over 70 spaces pre-sold. It's in a parking garage so it will be dry if
we get that liquid sunshine that the Northwest is known for. It's free to
those buying, sellers pay a modest fee (I think $15) for a space.

Cheers, Lane