mgs

Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:50:41 -0500
Bob,
    You probably want new webbing. When installing belts into my TD I discovered
that the ones I purchased were a little bit too long. I took them to our local
cobbler and had him shorten them. The materials, tools and techniques for shoe
repair seem to be fully comparable with that on new belts. My suggestion is to
consider buying a new set of belts from an auto supply store and have a cobbler
attach them to your old hardware.
Just my $.02 worth. Hope no lawyers are looking.

Bud Krueger
52TD