mgs

Worst GM engine (no lbc)

To: MG Enthusiasts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Worst GM engine (no lbc)
From: "Michael F. Adamson" <madamson@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:32:49 -0500
Hi,

Ooh this is a good one!  The worst engine GM ever made?  How about their
diesel conversion of the 300 cu in ++ gasoline V8.  A friend of mine boug=
ht
one, had it for 6 months and it was in the shop for 5 of those.  I think
they ended up replacing it with a gasoline engine.
Or, can we forget the Chevy Vega 4 banger.  Now there was oil consumption=
! =

One of my favorite moments in the movie Contact: as the camera pans the
assemblage, the Chevy Vega contingent is there celebrating the signals
received from VEGA.  Ultimate wierdness. =

Regards,
Michael.

Carl E wrote:
> The 2.8 V6 GM is the worst engine they ever made. The 3.8 with a good s=
et
of head
> gaskets is a reliable motor. GM cheated on the head gaskets, The better=

gaskets