mgs

Re: rubber

To: buchanan@preferred.com
Subject: Re: rubber
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:23:41 -0700
On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:08:08 -0500 Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
writes:
>MGs Look their best with Wire wheel Knock_Offs. That's a given!
>
>Two questions:
>
>1) How much rubber can I get on the road with stock wire wheel
>knock-offs?
Don't know.

>2) How much rubber can I get on the road with after-market wire wheel
>knock-offs?

I have Dayton wheels on my MGB, 72 spoke (chrome and stainless steel).
They are 15" by 6" and I have 195x60-15 Avon tires on them.  I can tell
you that I don't think anything bigger will fit.  By the way these are
supposedly the same circumference as the stock wheels.  I get minimal
tire rub when cornering hard and I have two people in the car.  I can't
see the rub on the tires but I can hear it while it happens.  Next item?
A panhard rod.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster