mgs

Re: OT was Engine RPM "Redline" - How to determine?

To: Littlesuzn@aol.com
Subject: Re: OT was Engine RPM "Redline" - How to determine?
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:58:17 +0000
Littlesuzn@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-11-29 11:09:25 EST, paul.hunt1@virgin.net writes:
>
> << .  However, legally speaking I was born in 'England and
>  Wales' >>
>
> Just to make conversation.............. is it possible to explain the "AND"
> part of 'England and Wales'.
> My husband has a Godson who was born in N'Hampton and a friend who was born
> in Powys. But neither one of them were born in N'hampton and Powys, and they
> do not know of anyone who was, for that matter.....
> You see, being from the Colonies, we have a rather simplistic view of birth.
>  A person can be born either here OR there..... OR even somewhere on that
> special occasion; but never here AND there.  Extended traveling labors
> (labours) excluded, of course.
>
> "Midget" Susan

'England and Wales' is a single legal entity because they share a legal system,
Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own versions.  Also the entity of
'England
and Wales' does not have a group name, unlike 'Great Britain' which consists of
'England and Wales' plus 'Scotland', and 'The United Kingdom' which consists of
'Great Britain' plus 'Northern Ireland', if you see what I mean.

PaulH.