mgs

Off Topic, again...

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Off Topic, again...
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:56:55 -0600
Larry Macy wrote:

> That's the same year as my "counterbalance" as well. Though at 4'10" it's
> not quite a counterbalance to 6'.

I daydreamed through most of my science classes but I seemed to remember a
concept where, if you could mount the smaller unit from a central pivot point
and then spin it around on this new axis, the gyroscopic effect could have a
profound impact on the larger mass.

There was a term for this but, alas, I seem to have forgotten it.

But I'm not sure you could apply this on your case.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abe