mgs

Re: Women....

To: bugide@juno.com
Subject: Re: Women....
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:45:34 EST
On Sun, 09 Nov 1997 17:02:55 EST bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
writes:
>       Well, Ben, it was fortunate for you that this happened earlier
>in your LBC career than later.  Any self respecting woman would be
>proud to ride around in your car, assuming that you get it running.
>Do not be put off by some lady who posesses not the common sense to
>know a good thing when it grabs her.  Even my younger sister, Hussy,
>spent a lot of time in older British cars.
>
>Larry Dickstein
>bugide@juno.com

This is a very complicated question (in the broadest sense) - when i
first
bought a BGT in 1971 i imagined it to be the ultimate "bird-puller"
It wasnt..... neither were the two that followed.
When i re-entered the arena after child rearing, bill paying et al my
motivation was
somewhat different however i found that some women were mildly interested
in
a spin round the block - i imagine out of curiosity over the car rather
than over the
long haired aging fart driving it.
My eldest daughter is (i think) a fairly accurate indicator of present
mores on the
subject - the following is a round-up of her reactions to various
situations
 the 72 roadster - "this is my favorite, but why do you insist on keeping
the top down
when its soooooo cold!?"(quoted from august......)
the 70 BGT - "this car is really nice but its sooooooo noisy... can we
put some rap
on the radio?"
the 69 roadster - "why do you insist on using this piece of crap when you
have the
others? - why dont you get rid of it? - this sucks!"

Applicable to the insipient use of any of them - "cant we use a jeep???"

Good luck Ben, youre searching for the grail (for the most part...) I
have never met
any of the ladies on the list but as far as i can see they are maybe 4 or
5 out of 1000 subscribers....

mike robson
various cars as mentioned above