mgs

Re: GT Headliner removal

To: gofastmg@juno.com
Subject: Re: GT Headliner removal
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:32:23 EST
On Sat, 01 Nov 1997 16:07:48 EST gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
writes:
>Ross,
>remove the rear panel, just in front of the hatch. (you'll have to
>disconnect the light). once you've done that, with the hatch open you
>can slide the head liner back out of the  hatch.  Not hard at all.  I
>removed one from a parts car a while back in about 15 minutes, alone.
>(still have it laying around, "just in case")
>Rick Morrison
>72 MGBGT

Rick,
I have to take issue - the car i have has no panel (nicely refinished and
in my 70)
no hatch (stabding in the garage and for sale btw) and the headliner is
still in
the car held in by some enormous metal lips (!)
The only way i can see backing it out is to get it over this lip which
would appear
to guarantee breaking it
What am i missing?

mike robson