mgs

Thoughts on Westminster show

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thoughts on Westminster show
From: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:48:42 -0400
As usual there were many interesting vehicles there including, according
to the new owner, the first MG imported into the US, just bought at
acution.  It certainly looked the part.  There were also many interestingly
modified MGBs.

1) There was an example of the new cross-flow head there.  I don't
know how much of a boost it gives but it sure looks like a real lash-up.
Getting to the distributor and other bits on that side must be a real pain.

2) There was a really pretty V8 converion done by a couple of guys
from Maine.  I am corresponding with them and giving it much thought.

3) There was a 77 MGB with a heavily tricked out Ford 302 and an
automatic transmission.  The engine compartment was really hacked up
at the inner wheel wells (they were almost non-existent) but it looked
neat otherwise and it must go like a bat out of he**.

Rumor was circulating that this will be the last year for this show and the
museum will be sold.  Hope this is not the case as I have enjoyed this
show immensely.

Ken Scott
77 MGB