mgs

Re: DIY Wrenching [was Re: True or False]

To: car@texas.net (Carol)
Subject: Re: DIY Wrenching [was Re: True or False]
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 01:53:32 -0400
carol wrote:
     "...and the other seven are getting
        pretty greasing looking"

Hints from Heloise, for Lady Mechanics:
Ladies, to get the grease out of your nails, use D&L and a toothbrush.
After you rinse and dry your hands, put a tissue over the pointy end of
your file and use that to clean the last of the D&L (and the grease) out
from under the nails.  And don't forget that Dawn dish soap works great
on that transmission fluid in your hair.  Voila! Ready for a night on
the town.

     "he has..... a sandblaster.  And a
         welder.  And......"

I think you should marry the old guy!  Does he have a cat?  Does he have
hair growing out of his ears?  I bet he can balance wire wheels too.

     "....attack a carb..."

You're ready!  LBC carbs are very simple.  I rebuilt mine the first
summer I had the Midget.  (I'm guessing you have SUs too)

     "...'lectrics are turning out to be fun.."

I try to look at electrical problems as like detective work.  They take
a lot of investigating to figure them out, but, after a while, things
start falling into place.

By all means, keep us posted!

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort