mgs

Re: enthusiasts?

To: RDWILLI@vm.sc.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: enthusiasts?
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-18 13:49:05 EDT, RDWILLI@VM.SC.EDU writes:

<< -i am a married grad student...the fact that my dist.cap, rotor, points, &
  coil are not lucas-made, i have cheap carpet that i installed, an after-
  market fuel pump, poor paint, etc. is due to lack of money, not lack of
  interest and involvement.  i have a sound motor that is well-tuned and
  maintained, and a working overdrive that i had to re-wire (correctly) in
  order for it to engage.  restoration for some is a slow process.  but i
  do not plan to tire of and sell my 'b.  this is not meant as a flame at
  all, but generalizations about a group should be avoided, (i'm 24--a
  member of this generation that you mention), and often one encounters
  a sort of snobbery at these gatherings of 'enthusiasts' that you refer
  to.
 -robert williford   (who recently shaved his goatee, but cut his hair
                     and quit wearing an earring a few years ago...)

Robert,

Sounds like my car.  My aunt gave me mine, otherwise I'd still be getting all
of my kicks in my 1994 S-10 SS.  My car won't ever be a concourse princess (
I'm one of those "poor school teachers"), but I still enjoy the few shows
that I go to and with few exceptions the group on this board are very
friendly and helpful.  Hang in there!

Tom Green
1979 MGB

p.s.  The general consensus that I've witnessed is a desire to keep the hobby
viable
        through the involvement of younger enthusiasts.  That would be you!