mgs

Weber/Sticky Throttle

To: MLishego@aol.com
Subject: Weber/Sticky Throttle
From: David Tietz <mgcats@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:01:42 -0400
Hi Mike,

Sometimes I get behind in reading the list, but I just read about your
sticky throttle cable... Just wanted to mention that the Webers have a
penchant for VERY CLOSE linkage/intake manifold clearances.

I have Webers on both my B's, and in both cases the linkage assembly was
bent (both were used), and had to be restored (re-bent and filed here
and there) to insure good clearance to the intake manifold. Put a piece
of paper between the linkage parts & intake manifold to make sure
nothing is binding. It could be an intake manifold problem, as both mine
are the same manufacture, and may be "fat" on the topside.

Dave Tietz

'70 MGB (Molly)
'74 MGB-GT (Dolly)