mgs

Re: MGA engine runs bad after warmed up

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA engine runs bad after warmed up
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:31:31 -0500 (CDT)
Trmgafun@aol.com writes:

> When I start out in the morning, without the choke, the engine idles at about
> 1100 RPM, after the engine warms up, it fumbles and dies.

Hold on - you start the engine, from cold, without the choke?  If you're
able to do that, your mixtures are WAY too rich, which would explain the
bogging once warmed up.

Back when my aftermarket fuel pump was flooding float bowls regularly, I
experienced the same symptoms - start beautifully in the morning, but
once warmed up, it wanted to stall, after which it was at least a 30
minute wait!

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with a proper SU fuel pump

That's me at the corner.
That's me at the stoplight,
Losing my transmission...