mgs

Re: gas tank cleaning

To: adrian@utk.edu
Subject: Re: gas tank cleaning
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:07:26 EDT
Adrian-
        I may have lost a little of it's fizz but it still has plenty of
bang.  DO NOT underestimate gasoline, even if it has the consistancy of
jello.
        First, find a suitable container for the goo.  You will then need
to find somewhere to go w/ it other than pouring it out on the ground.
It may be that steps 1 and 2 could be combined.
        Next, find a good radiator shop that will fool w/ gas tanks.  Let
them clean it and then you can make your decision on what to do next.
All I can tell you is that "boiling out" a gas tank will get most of the
gas(es) out but not all.  You still need to handle them as potentially
explosive because they are.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com