mgs

Need a Fan for the solid assembly.

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Need a Fan for the solid assembly.
From: Mark Iansiti <MTI1971@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 00:30:46 +0000
Chris, You said:

>Hi folks.  The car's a '76 Midget

>Sent a message earlier today asking about whether I should replace
>just my fan clutch or the whole water pump assembly to remedy a
>slipping fan clutch.  I want to go with the whole water pump option
>(cheaper, less hassle, less chance of it breaking again later!).
>One problem - my supplier in Vancouver can provide the appropriate
>water pump but doesn't have the appropriate fan.  Can anyone out
>there help?

>I think it is the same fan found in the Spitfire.

Chris,
I don't know if this will help, but possibly someone else can check it out.
When you mentioned that a Spitfire fan might work, I pulled my VB catalogues
to take a look.  I have a TR7 engine for parts that has the fan on it.  The
fan 'looks' the same in the VB TR7 $ TR8 catalogue (TR.20 - p.63 - 13 blade
TR7  75-81 - $87.45) as that shown in the VB Sprite & Midget Catalogue
(SM.23 - p.78 -no part number - not available?) and the same as in the VB
Spitfire & GT6 catalogue (SG.21 - p.85 - no part number - not available?).
The point is, if the fan is the same, I'd be happy to sell it to you
reasonably...I think... Is $25 OK? (you pay shipping?).  If I'm out of line
on this, I'll stand corrected by others on the list.  However, if I'm way
low, don't tell me - I could't take it...(haven't been to enough swap meets
to get a handle on this pricing thing). Hope I can help you out...
Mark
70 MG Midget
74 Spitfire
60 Bugeye