mgs

Re: Gas consumption

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: Gas consumption
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:38:13 -0500 (EST)

<< .. One safety point here.  Don't use you mouth to draw on the unit/tube.
 the reason being is that in some cases, for various reasons, raw gasoline
 will settle in the vacuum side of the diaphragm and when you suck on the
 unit, you can get a mouthful of gas.  And that ain't good for your health!

 I know that I have tasted my share of gas over the years but have
 experienced no negative effects except maybe my preference for LBC's

The last 9 words say it all!!!

 Seriously, ingestion of raw gasoline into the lungs can be very serious.  I
understand from some of my medically inclined friends it can cause permanent
damage to the lining and what-not of the lungs.  (I'm not a medical type and
if the part ain't made by Lucas or MOWOG, I don't know beans about it). I'd
rather everyone went to a bit of inconvience than do themselves an injury.  I
have a selfish  reason for it: There ain't enough of us LBCers now. I prefer
keeping the ones we got.

Rick