mgs

Re:Zcars

To: railroad@itw.com
Subject: Re:Zcars
From: RFeibusch@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:39:56 -0500 (EST)
Glen Wilson writes:
Rick,
Have you heard that good old Nissan is charging $35,000 each for those"like
new" ultra-restored 240Z cars?  It's in AutoWeek.  Wonderful
car,but........................

Glen R. Wilson
British Car Reallocation Program Director

Glen - Yea, I know. I met Pierre (the dehydrated frenchman - sorry, an old
family joke), of the famous Pierre's Z shop in Hawthorne, CA, who is building
the initial order of cars for Nissan at the Zclub meeting last night and he
showed us slides of his first restorations and he does every bit of the work
that Peter, of Peter's Marina Motors (www.englishcars.com  - - try it) does
on his $40,000plus Austin-Healey restos.
The Zs are even harder to restore because the body shells are not anyway near
as strong or rust resistant as Healey, Triumph or MG shells. In fact, the
only drawback to this Nissan retro project will be if they will be able to
find enough core cars to supply the demand.  This is not an easy task, even
here in sunny SoCal, let alone any place that they use road salt or it rains
alot.  See you on the Funway!
Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
http://www.EnglishCars.com/rick.html