mgs

MG Prices

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Prices
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 08:20:33, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

All this talk about MGs costing more to restore than they're worth, and
tax time coming up.  Its all in the math my friends.  Lets put our IRS
thinking caps on and reverse the polarity.
I  paid  800 dollars for my BGT six years ago. I've put about 3000
dollars into it. If I were to try to sell it today tI'd be lucky to get
2000 dollars, So            some could say I would take a 1800 dollar
lost.

If I had bought a new car six years ago for 14000 dollars, and put
nothing into it  I'd be lucky to get 3000 for it  today , taking a 11000
dollar loss.

Ergo My MG has saved me 9200 dollars over the past six years. ( David D.
with all those MGs  should be able to retire ) .
Now my BGT is a daily driver  so the math works for me ,if however your
B is not you are going to take a lost. But if you took up sailing, golf
tennis or any other hobby, would you expect it to make money?

Change threads>
British Cars are Unreliable.     Where do people get that ?  Most of the
older  LBC are about as basic as a rock.  The windshield wiper system on
my wifes car has more moving parts than the engine of my BGT!  I rebuilt
the engine on the BGT  ( the right way, no short cuts ) six years ago
(80,000 miles) and have had no problems since.  I have yet to repair or
replace  anything which was fixed  correctly the first time.
I drive a LBC because its a fun car to drive, but if my only concern was
cost I' drive an LBC .

Bob Nogueira  " Figures don't lie but liars can figure"