mgs

1971< MGB Brouchere (eared knock-offs)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1971< MGB Brouchere (eared knock-offs)
From: David Langton <dlangton@bcinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:33:07 -0800 (PST)
"The Richards" I noticed are complaining about our "artic air mass" that we
as good neighbours have been accused of sending south.  Now as I sit in my
office with a exterior temp of -5 C (22 F) I notice that this Artic air mass
originated to the North west of my location, commonly known as Alaska, which
I believe still is a member of the USA.   Hmm!

I can now only assume that our Minister of Externial Affairs travelled to
Cuba this past week in efforts to arrange a suitable trade aggreement that
would import to Canada a warm" Carribian air mass"  that would benifit not
only us Canadian's but may in turn be exported to our great neighbour to the
south.

Now all this started with a simple question about "knock-off" on pre '71
MGB's.  The general concencuses was US spec. changed to six sided spinner
after Dec. '67 but many cars in Canada still had "eared knock-offs" up to
1971.  Go figure!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and will await for the
insurance Corp. to make a determination on collector plates for a "eared
knock-off" 1971 MGB Roadster.

David Langton
Kelowna, BC

'67 MGB Roadster